How To Reach Your Customers Through Email Marketing with these Tips and Facts
Table of Contents
The email is one of the greatest inventions of the internet age. By using a simple message, anyone can communicate with anyone else in a matter of seconds. This near instant communication makes it a great marketing tool. Here is a bit of advice that will show you how to harness the power of email marketing.
Email Marketing Facts
- Email’s average ROI is 28.5% compared to 7% for direct mail. (Chief Marketer)
- 59% of marketers say email is their biggest source of ROI. (Emma)
- Email marketing drives $44 for every $1 spent. (Campaign Monitor)
- There are over 3.7 billion email users in the world currently, which means the projected number of users by 2021 is 4.1 billion. (Statista)
- It’s predicted that the United States will spend over 350 million dollars on email advertising in 2019. (Statista)
- 72% of people prefer to receive promotional content through email, compared to 17% who prefer social media. (MarketingSherpa)
- Click-through rates increase 158% when social sharing buttons are included in emails. (Nonprofit Hub)
- Email subscribers are 3 times more likely to share your content via social media than visitors from other sources. (QuickSprout)
- Email is 40 times more effective at acquiring new customers than Facebook or Twitter. (McKinsey)
- An email campaign is 6 times more likely to result in a click-through than from a tweet. (Campaign Monitor)
- The average order value of an email is at 3 times higher than that of social media. (McKinsey)
- When asked to opt-in to receive updates from a company, only 10% elected to do so through Facebook, while 90% chose to receive email newsletters. – (Nielsen Norman Group)
Email Marketing Tips
Ask for Feedback
Ask your customers for feedback on your emails. Since your customers are the most important part of your campaign, it is important to know if they are pleased with the emails they receive from you. You could ask them to fill out a short survey with a few questions on what they like and what they dislike.
Be clear on your Intentions
When you ask people to opt-in, let them know what to expect. Tell them what you will be sending and how often you will send it. People will be more likely to sign up if they know that you are not going to flood their inboxes with wordy emails that they have no intention of reading.
Be Mobile Friendly
It is very common for people to view the Internet with cell phones instead of using a full sized computer. Since this is the case, you should make it so that the width of any email you send out is easily viewable by mobile phone. You should also make sure to do the same to your landing page.
Be consistent with Branding
Make sure your emails are consistent with any branding you have done. You should be including your company colors, logos and anything else unique to your business in your emails. Customers should be able to recognize your emails when they arrive in their in-boxes so that they are not automatically deleted.
Develop Strong Content
Develop content that is interesting and informative to your customer base. The message should be engaging, and not filled with dry, boring content. The recipients are more likely to read it all the way through if it is not too long. As they see that your content is relevant, your reputation will grow.
Let the Customer Know what to Expect
When people opt-in to your e-mail marketing list, you need to let them know what to expect up front. Tell subscribers how often they can expect to hear from you and what types of communications you will be sending them. If they are expecting the volume of mail you will be sending, they are less likely to get frustrated and unsubscribe.
Avoid blatant sales ads
People will appreciate you valuing their time and sending out interesting emails. Avoid blatant sales ads as they can be insulting and might only serve to annoy your customers. Attempt to make sure that each and every email you send out contains unique discounts, offers, coupons, or just useful and enlightening knowledge.
Add a personal touch
Add a personal touch to your marketing emails. You can do much more than merely using the recipient’s name in your message. Use every piece of information your subscribers give you. Break your subscribers list down into smaller groups that share common interests and tailor different messages to appeal to each group as much as possible.
Try following up to your customers
You might need to try following up to your customers with an alert on a price increase. The email could include a link that says to act now in order to avoid this increase. The ending of the message could convince them to click on the link in order to understand all the details.
When you are following up with your site’s clients, a great tip is to include a free report on your follow-up email. Include a link on your email that invites your clients to click on it to begin. The ending P.S. could urge them to try out these samples that are provided.
A good business person knows when to close the deal. Nothing is worse than having all the right tools but closing the deal at the wrong time. You must know when to make an offer, and you must earn the right to make that offer. Making the offer at the wrong time will be detrimental to the success of your marketing via email campaign.
Offer Bonus or Gift
Offer a bonus, such as a coupon, discount code, or other freebie, in exchange for signing up for your email mailing list. People love receiving free things. An email address is low in value to the customer but high in value to you as a business. People will gladly trade their contact information in exchange for a 10% discount off their next purchase.
Keep Your Customers Loyal
You might want to send a follow-up email to your clients that includes a caution if your products or services supply is running low. You could include a link that tells them to click here and begin. The ending postscript could tell them to act now before your supply runs out.
Due to its speed and simplicity, the email is a great invention that allows people to communicate with little time or effort. Thanks to these attributes, emails have unlimited marketing potential. Hopefully, you will keep the advice from this article in mind so that you can use Email marketing in the most effective manner.